Are you passionate about coffee? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real-world impact with your writing talent?
I’M NOT A BARISTA is a non-for-profit organization with the vision to make coffee connect the world through technology. We celebrate the coffee community by empowering baristas to reach their fullest potential.
Currently, we have a few spots open for talented Content Writing Interns to help us continue to deliver great stories for the global coffee community and give a voice to the people behind the cups. We want to invite you to join us and make a real-world impact.
- Build your writing portfolio by writing coffee stories that will be published online (website, Instagram, and other social media channels)
- Learn the basics of content marketing and SEO
- Experience the inner workings of an agency, participating in weekly content meetings and montly 1v1s with your mentor.
- Seeking junior or senior level students.
- Must be currently enrolled in marketing, creative writing, public relations, business, or similar bachelor’s program.
- Tech-savvy/interest on the internet.
- Strong research skills.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects while still working effectively.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and/or the Google Doc tool suite and WordPress
- Basic SEO knowledge.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS, with an eye for good web design.
- Working knowledge of marketing tools and how they can be used to help grow client websites.
- This is an unpaid virtual internship, a 3 to 6 months term, and a minimum of 20 hours per week.
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Content Writer Intern” incorporated in the subject line if you are applying.
- Your resume/CV
- A short introduction/cover letter
- Why you are interested in this position
- Two writing samples
- A content idea for I’M NOT A BARISTA
- A brief description of how you would market your ideas