First, let’s talk about the I’M NOT A BARISTA T-shirt.
Why does it have to be “not a barista”?
We want to help baristas in need and change the social image of baristas being a low-skilled amateur job. But first, we need to introduce baristas to our society. Who has the right to define baristas? Wikipedia? Dictionary? Internet? We believe it is barista him/herself who defines who they are. This t-shirt is the best conversation starter when baristas meet customers, ” so… you are not a barista?” It’s your time to define who you are. Wear it with pride and introduce yourself, your career, and specialty coffee.
The power of communication
What comes after curiosity? Maybe a cat, or a conversation. We want to stimulate easy conversations between baristas and daily coffee drinkers.
Why your story matters
Baristas are often undervalued
No matter what coffee movement we’re in, baristas are always that last artisan and QC inspector to ensure the best taste of the coffee.
Coffee connects us all
You’re aware of the coffee crisis caused by climate change and farmer’s low income, you also know that we can’t solve this problem alone. We should collaborate with millions of coffee lovers, so share your knowledge and positive energy for the love of coffee.
Sharing is Caring
Millions of people drink coffee every day, but how many of us really know about coffee? Uncle Sam loves coffee with cream and sugar, and he never read Barista Magazine, but he definitely likes to read your story and share it with pride. You don’t have to be a champion to make an impact, be you, share your story, and let it spread with love within your network.
Are you ready to share your story?
Write your story
We know that writing a self bio isn’t easy, so we prepare this list of questions to inspire you.
You don’t have to answer all the questions here, feel free to skip the ones you find difficult to answer and add something not mentioned below. Your story, your rule.
- How did you end up with coffee?
- What do the day-to-day responsibilities look like?
- What’s your favorite part of your daily work?
- What does success look like to you?
- What do you see as the most challenging aspect of your career?
- What was your life like before specialty coffee? And after specialty coffee?
- Do you remember the first time you had a really good cup of coffee? What was your emotional state like?
- Is there are a particular moment or memory that stands out for you?
- Is there an achievement or contribution that you are most proud of?
- What inspires you daily?
- What was the biggest challenge you were facing?
- What did you do to try to solve this challenge on your own?
- If we don’t talk about coffee, who you are, your hobbies, your favorite book, music, what you like to do?
- If someone wants to meet you in person, can they visit you and say hi?
- Is there any question I should I have asked you, but did not?
Want to get inspired by others? Check coffee stories from our community.
Send your story to us
- Send your story together with at least 5 high-quality photos that best match your story to [email protected]
- Our editor will help you polish your story and make sure everything looks beautiful.
- Once everything is ready, your coffee story will be featured on our Instagram feed and our website.
- We will tag you in the post on IG, feel the pride to share your story with the world.