Make sure you strictly follow the recipes without any prejudgement, explore and have fun 🙂 Please leave your honest and fair feedback in the review section. Thank you!
- Prepare your Aeropress for inverted brewing. Rinse an Aesir filter or if you don’t have those,
- 2 standard Aeropress paper filters.
- Grind 30 grams of coffee coarsely and put the grinds in the Aeropress.
- While starting the timer, pour 100 grams of the softest water you can find (I used mineral water of 30 ppm) at a temperature of 92 degrees.
- Stir 20 times thoroughly.
- Put the cap with rinsed filter on, and after 40 seconds, flip the Aeropress on a pitcher or large cup.
- Press all the way down in about 10 seconds.
- You should end up with approximately 60 grams of strong, brewed coffee.
- Add 120 grams of water to this brew to dilute.
- Let it cool untill 60 degrees and enjoy!
What makes this recipe so special?
This recipe helps you bring out as much acidity as possible by isolating the first part of the extraction By making a really strong and quick brew, you extract al lot of acidity and body. By diluting it down you can reach your preferred strength. . Especially for more developed roasts or coffees that have a naturally lower acditiy, this recipe is great to bring out the interesting stuff.
How to grind coffee?
Grind setting 1 to 10
The grind setting below is from our volunteer Carlos @chaosinrye, this is only a draft version. You can help us improve it, refine it, polish it and more. Please give us feedback on the Discord channel, thank you for your great help. We would like to design a grind setting converter to make it easier for coffee lovers around the world. Can you help? Let us know.